At Cricket Creek Farm, our mission is to produce nourishing food that honors our animals, respects the land, and feeds our community, and to exemplify a sustainable model for small-farm viability. We are a small, diversified, grass-based dairy farm producing high-quality milk that we sell in our farm store and make into a variety of artisanal cheeses. We also raise grass-fed beef, whey-fed pork and have a bakery.
We are looking to hire a baker for our small on-site bakery. The ideal candidate will be excited to continue production of bread (the local community has shown huge support for our current sourdoughs) in addition to implementing a schedule of their own baking specialties and preferences.
The goal of the bakery is to provide high quality artisanal baked goods to our community and support the overall mission of our diversified small farm.
The person who fills the position is expected to:
- Maintain relationships with our wholesale customers (the local co-op, one neighboring coffee shop, and a neighboring high end catering company) and build new relationships
- Participate in and help develop on-farm food related events
- Be innovative in producing bread and other baked goods for the Farm Store and Farmers Markets
- Handle all supply ordering with distributors and maintain equipment
- Be flexible working in a small space with current equipment (3 deck Blodgett pizza oven with 2 stones, half sheet convection oven, 30 quart mixer, reach in refrigeration and chest freezer spaces)
- Attended one weekly staff meeting
- Be organized, independent and highly communicative
Salary and schedule TBD (Saturdays will be required), and housing as part of the compensation package is a possibility. For more information about our farm check out our Facebook page, or follow us on Instagram @cricketcreekfarm. Direct any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org